Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July 2007 (updated)

HAPPY Birthday America! Let's stroll down a memory lane:

14 weeks

Here's me in mommy's tummy, I was only 4 months "old"

Last year I hung out with Aunty Cat and Mama at Calistoga for their spa fun. I took a nap in the wee morning last year looking like this:

2323232-R1-073-35

Sleeping peacefully.

Now this is what I look like napping exactly a year later:

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

Laaaaaa!

Anyway, a year ago, we spent our 4th of July at a baseball stadium.

2323232-R3-E076

6 months old with Daddy waiting for the fireworks

2323232-R3-E093

boom boom! I was captivated.

2323232-R3-E096

Mommy and Daddy held me so I felt very safe.

This year, we'll be hanging out with the Kovacs, pictures will come after the actual party itself. I can't wait, I'll be swimming! But here is a quickie family picture of today, a year later (sans Zeus, she refused to come outside).

IMG_1735.JPG

I'm giggling because I think the flashing lights are cool.

I currently use BumGenius as my diapers alongside gDiapers. Daddy thinks if you put it on your head, you'd become a genius-- a literal thinking cap altho I think it made him look like he lost some IQ points.

IMG_1730.JPG

heheh Daddy, I think you're really awesome, you make me laugh and laugh! MWAH!

Anyway, happy 4th!

XOXO,
Lil' Elk

Okay, I'm updating in this same post of my fun at the Kovacs. It sure was hot where we went (100's) and I definitely was not used to the heat! On the way over to Livermore, we got stuck in traffic therefore, the heat was crazy. Good thing Daddy and Mommy left all the windows down as they drove. Here's a short clip of me reading one of my favorite book despite the strength of the wind:



Cute huh?

IMG_1738.JPG

Look closely, I'm hot!!

When we arrived there, I immediately was whisked to the wading pool to cool off- my cheeks were ruddy. Giovanni hung out with me.

IMG_1751.JPG

Here's me in the wading pool, see my cheeks?

IMG_1752.JPG

Okay, this was a few minutes worth of fun but I want out. I don't like swimming (just like Daddy! Mom claimed with exasperation).

IMG_1753.JPG

Good lookin' fellow huh?

They had a pool and a bunch of kids kept jumping off the diving board. I enjoyed watching at first but then asked to be given a try.

IMG_1758.JPG

See how cool they are when they jump?!!

IMG_1762.JPG

Da da da dum...

IMG_1763.JPG

Whee!

Gio and I hung out a lot in his play pen, I surprisingly loved it and stayed there for almost an hour in total. Gio and I played together and then fought together. He's pretty big for his age but too bad, I'm older and quicker.

IMG_1766.JPG

Us playing together in harmony....

IMG_1771.JPG

Wow, Gio sure loves to suck and chew.

IMG_1772.JPG

Lookatme, I can copy Giovanni.

IMG_1774.JPG

Giving Gio a kiss, mmmmwwwwwaaaaa---

IMG_1775.JPG

Me: MWAAAH!
Gio: Dude, what the heck are you doing?

IMG_1776.JPG

Mom!! Help!! I tried to be nice but he's pulling me.

IMG_1781.JPG

Hey Gio, look! This is a cool toy huh?

IMG_1782.JPG

Grrrrrrowl! Don't even think about it! (evil stare)

IMG_1783.JPG

HAAA!

IMG_1786.JPG

The toy is now far, far away from you!

Mommy said to share but I said NO! Then she pulled me out of the playpen and said I was not nice and that I was a bully. Well, whatever!


Here are some pictures from the party and the fireworks at night.

I loved Gio's sister, Ashleigh "Apple" as I call her. I say Ashdee or Apploooo because it charms her to no end.

IMG_1792.JPG

"Apple!" As she asks, "who am I? What's my name?"

IMG_1794.JPG

Gio, your sister is so "funny!"

IMG_1815.JPG

The Kovacs family, this is an exciting night for them because it's Giovanni's first time, ever, to see the fireworks and celebrate America's birthday with style.

IMG_1796.JPG

We're waiting for the show to start-- Dad let me walk all over the park to kill time.

IMG_1821.JPG

Fireworks!

IMG_1825.JPG

Watching the fireworks with Dad. At first I was realllllly quiet but then I kept saying "boom! boom! fireworks boom!" Actually, I said it AFTER the whole thing happened. I think I'm slow in registering and reacting.

Alright, it was a LOOOONG day as long as this post-- I'm probably sleep-typing as of now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ boom boom!

Eitan

3 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww-- cute!! funny when eitan was trying to kiss gio-- that was real cute.. thanks for sharing! mwahs.. dyan

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Laural said...

wow!! eitan, you're getting so BIG (and tall)!! I enjoy your pictures like always:)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger KAI said...

That looks like so much fun! I was looking at the pictures from the walk down memory lane, and wow! Elk's got some long-o legs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home