Friday, April 13, 2007

coyote hills, aroooo!

Mommy, Daddy and I hiked today at coyote hills-- boy, was it beyoooootiful?!

And, today is Daddy's birthday!!!!!!!!! He's THIRTY years old and a fine lookin' gentleman I must say.

Today is half way through and we're not even done. I wanted to share some pictures before we hit the road to either SF or Palo Alto to celebrate Daddy's birthday.

Coyote hills is also one of my Grandpa West's favorite hiking spot. They, the greedy government, have been wanting to plow the sanctuary and turn it into homes. I think it has been petitioned to be left alone but for a guarantee, that remains to be the question-- you know how the government works.

Alright, pictures time, be sure to check out the last cool picture taken by Dad.

IMG_1325.JPG

Here's me with Momma, look behind us, pretty huh? We even walked across that woody bridge before finalizing our trek. We walked all morning long up and down 4 hills- Dad carried me most of the time and I walked some too.

IMG_1334.JPG

Despite the beauty of nature, it was right by the bay so, there were airplanes and helicopters. I was telling Dad that a helicopter was right there and he was asking where. It was really cool to see a REAL helicopter that made loud noises unlike the fakies I have.

familypix

Family picture on top one of the peaks. It was windy but warm.

IMG_1340.JPG

I trekked a wee bit and kept seeing bugs, butterflies, birds and some kind of animals that burrowed underground. No coyotes though.

IMG_1343.JPG

Bugs!! More bugs!

IMG_1349.JPG

Daddy carryin' me- pretty good for a big 3-0 eh?

IMG_1354.JPG

Walking down after the 3rd and highest peak. We saw the entire Bay Area and saw three bridges as well as marshes, ponds, creek... cars too (planes and helicopters of course).

IMG_1357.JPG

We sat on an unmarked trail and they let me walk until I was too tired to stand up any longer. I'm laughing because Daddy was being silly behind Mom.

IMG_1364.JPG

Okay Mommy, I'm tired carry me now.

IMG_1366.JPG

I kept tickling Mom from behind because her neck was right there. She kept laughing and tickled me right back! It was a fun game that I invented all by myself.

Here's the "last cool picture"--

cyp

Have a fabulous Friday the 13th! Mwah Mwah Mwab Mwag (for you Aunty Cat).

Eitan

7 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prettier in you pictures than I've ever seen it.

Eitan is cuter in real life though.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing....it's gray and cold here and I just imagined myself soaking up the sun in CA.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JK.
Auntie K in Boston

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav pic is lil e signing "helicopter" SO CUTE!
I loved Coyote Hills when I was a teenager...a good place to bike to and get away. When I was in Fremont recently I signed that petition....who knows-sigh.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, and HAPPY BDAY JK!!!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger The Skys said...

Liz.. yep the pix of the helicopter is one of my fave too, I'm SO scrapbooking it!! :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww!! mwah mwab mwag back to you my little eitan. its been a while since i ve gone hiking at coyote hills. its beautiufl isnt it? i drive past by it more often than walking and can see that rock outcropping where youguys posed at. soon, we'll go together eh?

lovelovelove and happy birthday to your daddy :)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger JC/DCO said...

Beautiful pictures Clare! I cannot believe how big Eitan is getting. You look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home