Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sibley Volcanic Park [and trains]

Happy Easter and Passover (belated I know) to everyone out there! I had fun hunting for eggs that hid really rad lookin' cars. We will go over to my Grandparent's home today and have some more hunting fun.

For now, yesterday was a blast. We went hiking and then ate at this really cool cafe called Cafe Gratitude. We also strolled around Berkeley and well, basically, had a wholesome and organic day.

We went to Sibley Volcanic Park to try out our new "hiking" gear that involves me. Well, I need to get used to it, it's kind of weird to be hung mid-air and be able to see everything rather than seeing everyone's rear ends when in stroller.

It was cold, foggy and raining but still, we had a lot of fun. At the end I did start feeling miserable and demanded to be brought back to the car. I was soaked, through and through, but good thing we had extra clothes and lots of food. I think I ate a box full of blueberries, a half container of cheese with pesto and tomatoes... those pirate booty and grapes. Oh yes, a mini baguette. I was a pig, Mom says you're a pig after an excursion like hiking.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_1250.JPG

Wait a minute!! I don't like this, MOMMMMIEEEE take me out!!

IMG_1253.JPG

Walking uphill with Daddy-- it's really nice because I get to see everything up top.

IMG_1257.JPG

The three of us in the fog. You couldn't see 50 yards ahead-- it was magical in its own way (well, not the cold, damp and wet feeling).

IMG_1255.JPG

I got to trek a little bit- see my expression? It's because the rain is hitting my face!

IMG_1266.JPG

On the way back down on Mommy.

Anyway-- we will go back there again when it's sunny because I heard the view of the SF Bay area is supposed to be spectaular.

Here's a funny picture of me after a long night. We hung out with the Farr's for Passover on Monday. They cooked a lot of delicious dishes and gave me oranges. Oh yes, let me tell you about oranges, that fruit is something I HAVE TO HAVE every day! Anyway, I loved the orange so much from the Farr family that I fell asleep with it. Mom and Dad thought it really cute and bugged me by taking pictures.

IMG_1244.JPG

Big orange huh? It was good too.

Now trains. I still love them with such fervor and I think I'll continue to have a love affair with them for many days to come. Here's a picture of me in my own world:

IMG_1236.JPG

And here- Mom took them because she wanted me to see how silly I am when I'm overly too serious while playing with the trains and those mini cars.

IMG_1231.JPG

Pushing the whoo whoo car over the bridge

IMG_1232.JPG

AAAAH! It fell over!

IMG_1233.JPG

Continuing the AAAH!

Grin.

Have a fabulous day. I have tons more picture to show you but will save that for the Easter theme.

Eitan

4 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, eitan's expression is priceless!! mally and i laughed at the rain hitting face. makes me miss mally and jahren being small. i loved walking everywhere with them (one at a time of course) riding our kelty.

cant wait to take you to places with the new gear
mwahmwah
aunty cat and cousin mally

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I LOVED your expressions with the rain and your car falling over the side! What a little drama king you are! ;) Hey, I noticed your tee shirt says "Bambino-something"???? I would love to get something like that for Loch since his nickname before birth was "Bambino." Tell your mommy to email me and let me know where she got it! ;)

P.S. I recently updated my blog so tell your mommy and daddy to check it out. =D

Hugs, mwah!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger KAI said...

Yep, you are making us homesick!! We want to go hiking, tooooooo..

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder if Robert would carry me around on his back in a Kelty? That looks like fun. I also wouldn't mind living in your choo choo world...it looks so serene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home