Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trip Tales III of IV: Life on the Farm with Aunty Kim

I had a slight detour on my visit with Aunty Kim. I did not expect that I'd be staying on a farm, a horse farm that is. Let me say, I really loved my stay there. I did a lot of things in two short days and wish I had more time there! We spent the night at Aunt Kim's huge apartment right above the stables. I got to sit on a horse, be licked all over by a cute hyperactive dog called Tira and ride on a nifty 4X4 ATV around the vast farm.

We rode over to the farm from Staten Island and the ride itself was comical. Aunty Kim, Mom, Tira and I all crammed up (with my confining car seat mind you) in Aunt Kim's truck. Tira kept trying to sample my face with her tongue and Mom had to keep one of her knees up to protect me. Aunt Kim tried driving and telling Tira to stop licking me at the same time. This spectacle was an ongoing event from the beginning to the end. I'm happy to say, I survived and I think my Mom did too and she did look a bit frazzled when we arrived at the farm.

Anyway, enough yakking and here are the pictures of my stay on the beautiful Stone House Farm in Chester, NY.

IMG_8235

View from my bedroom at sunset, we slept at a nice apartment right above the stables.

IMG_8125

Meeting a horse for the first time, the horse belongs to Aunty Kim. His name is Finn. Aunty Kim also has another horse called Oisin.

IMG_8130

Watching horses through the fence. I was captivated with their tail's constant movement to swat flies away from their bums.

IMG_8134

Me on the ATV with Aunty Kim, we're watching Tira playing with the ball. Aunty Kim took me for a bumpy ride to show us the farm, it was 200+ acres and gorgeous!

IMG_8138

I got to drive a little bit! I can tell everyone that I "drove" at the age of 7 months. Awesome huh?

IMG_8145

A funny picture of Finn kissing Aunty Kim. Finn kissed me too!!

IMG_8230

Me trying to pet a 5 months old Belgian horse named Elijah, he was huge.

IMG_8212

I got to sit on a horse but not really ride one. I liked the horse's mane, it was thick and strong-- much more sturdy than my Ma's hair

IMG_8220

I got to sit and pretend that I was driving a tractor that was mega-sized!

IMG_8221

Proof of me "mastering" the huge tractor, see, I'm all by myself.

IMG_8181

Aunty Kim and I by the stables. The sunset was beautiful and I wish I could've stayed there some more. Perhaps someday.

IMG_8201

Life on the farm rocks, simply put.

Elk

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger proudpetite said...

Not only you beat me to number of states, you got on a horse! If you've been told of the post in my blog regarding hockey camp, it's that I finally get to ride a horse.... and I know you didn't ride it yet, but you managed to get on it before one year old. Amazing! I'm glad you're having a grand time on this beautiful farm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home