Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trip Tales II of IV: Meeting the Kulchinsky Clan

Remember when I told you I needed to balance out my other side by meeting Dad's family? Well, I sure had it balanced and while meeting nearly everyone, I loved it! Mainly because of the attention I got, and boy, was I spoiled?!

IMG_8071

Me with Grandpa Harold and Grandma Paula

My Grandparents invited everyone to come over to their home so they could meet me and I them. I did not expect that I'd not only get to meet them, I also got many and lots of presents and attention. Everyone wanted to hold me, talk to me and in return, I gave them the biggest smile I could ever bestow on anyone. I think I nearly charmed them all off of their feet.

IMG_8256

Me charming everyone with my dance; Uncle Jody assists me while Cousin Lynn, Ellen and Adrienne cheers me on.

There was a special person I got to meet and am so happy I've met. He's my Great Grandfather. Great Grandpa Meyer is a perfect man to hug and squeeze his cheeks, he did not mind my strong hand grasps at all, in fact he found it funny. He is special to my Parents. My name starts with an E in honor of my Great Grandmother Esther, who passed away two years ago and it was good to meet the man who had a huge part in Great Grandma Esther's life.

IMG_1605

Great Grandpa Meyer and I

I also got to meet my other Uncle named Jody, I only have three Uncles and way too many Aunts so it was really good to have some dosage of testosterone. What I'll remember from that day is the constant chatting, all those food (I couldn't have most of them) and again, the undying attention I had there. I decided to reward them by showing that I could crawl like an army. I crawled to Great Grandpa and everyone watched with excitement. I was such a show-off too, ha ha.

IMG_8282

Crawling to Great Grandpa

I also was allowed to chew on a delicious stick called pickles. It was really good and felt great since I was teething at the moment. I had a tooth coming out of my lower gum (and another one came at the very next day) and may I say, it smarts! Anyway, I think I would've chewed on it all day if it wasn't taken away from me (it kept falling to the floor and everyone was worried that I'd upset my stomach with all the "ackity" but seems like it didn't).

IMG_8261

Merrily eating pickles with Great Grandpa

IMG_8265

Still eating pickles with Great Aunt Shelly

The party was really nice, amusing and highly entertaining. I'm glad I came all the way over to the East to meet a lot more relatives that care about me. I know I'm a lucky lad.

IMG_8277

Here's me with almost all the members of the Kulchinsky Clan, from left to right: Anne, Cousin Paul, Great Aunt Shelly, Cousin Sharon, Mom, Grandpa Harold, Dad, Cousin Ellen (way in back with red shirt), Great Grandpa Meyer holding me, Uncle Jody, Cousin Lynn, Cousin Adrienne, Great Uncle Vic, Grandma Paula, Cousin Larry and Cousin Don.

I also had fun getting to know my Grandparents and Uncle Jody (with his nice girlfriend named Anne) some more and too bad I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. Hopefully I can fly over there sometimes soon (for more pickles and spoiled attention!).

IMG_8285

Here's me with Dad's family from left to right: Uncle Jody, Grandpa Harold, Great Grandpa Meyer, Dad, Grandma Paula, Great Aunt Shelly and Mom

IMG_8087

Had to share this funny picture. Grandma Paula is holding me and I'm sticking my tongue out. Actually, the reason I was doing this is because I had a tooth bugging me and little did they know that it was about to come out in a day or two.

I really enjoyed my stay there at my Grandparent East's home. There's one more picture I'd like to share. It's a picture of me taking a bath in the same bathtub that my Dad bathed in when he was a baby too.

IMG_8118

I look a lot like him don't I? That's definitely a plus!

I hope to see my Eastern side family sometimes soon, it was totally worth the trip over there.

Eitan over and out, for now!

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger proudpetite said...

All the attention, love and such. *aww*

And you have your special moment with great grandpa. I can see in the picture how you are so special to him ;)

An overwhelming trip for you, isn't it? :)

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture with you and your great grandpa is awesome!! Also love the photos of you looking through the fence at the horse and up on the tractor (makes me miss my own grandpa who "needed" our help when we visited the farm) smiles.

Can't believe how big you are getting and am enjoying stories of the wonderful adventures you are having. Hope all is well.

Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home