Wednesday, July 26, 2006

More Milestones

I discovered something really awesome and that is, language! Seriously, it makes my life a quarter easier [I've only been able to get the concept of a word or two so far].

You see, few days ago I decided to try some of those "words" the Adults were signing to me or around me. There was a specific time when I asked for a pacifier and I was immediately understood. It's amazing what you can accomplish when lingually communicating.

I do hit my mouth with my fist to ask for few things that are similar to me. When I need some kind of comfort, I would sign "paci" and my needs are met right away. I'll never forget the look on my Mom that night on our bed. I told her with my eyes that I was tired and she usually did her sweet thing by lying down next to me and let me nurse as much as I pleased. This time, I wasn't in the mood to nurse, especially to have milk. I unlatched and turned my head away then did the magic sign. Mom again offered but I turned away and signed "paci". She understood and gave me my favorite pacifier.

I fell fast asleep right after that but before doing so, I saw a huge smile spread across my Mom's disbelieving face, priceless!

Here's a video of me; watch and learn how I communicate!


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing


Also, I've been enjoying the ability to explore more freely than I could before. I still am happily content on my back and not rolling around or whatever. But when I see something I realllllly want, I'lll scoot, roll and cry as a last resort to get there. And, you bet I'll use my brilliant mind to get things that seem out of reach by using tools.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing


I cannot wait to understand what my legs are capable of doing then I'll be able to reach wherever I want with speed before Mama or Papa stops me!

Anyway, happy growing!
Eitan

5 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Those two videos made me smile :) In a blink of an eye, he'll be doing so many more things like crawling! :) He's growing up so fast!

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) loved the clips. you were captured well because its exactly what i see. cannot wait for you to sign aunty cat! :) jahren! and mally! of course, you will probably say uncle kurt first. lol

mwahh

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Wow, that's amazing! My heart practically melted when Eitan said that!

Btw, this is Alethea in case you're wonderng! :)

*hugs!*

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger proudpetite said...

hey eitan :)

two intelligent heads make a brighter mind... you are definitely an explorer.

You're also good at thinking two things in between. Quick reading the comic book and figuring how to move your paci using the tool or your hand.

brilliant!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Laural said...

aww this is so much better than the lang aquist class:)

you're sooo cute, Eitan!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home