Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trip Tales I of IV: New York City

My visit in New York in three adjectives: Fun, Fascinating and Fabulous.

But first, let me start with my first flight ever. I think I did great because my Parents were super relaxed when we got off the plane. It was a long ride indeed however, I slept and was my adorable self on the plane. I do remember the start of the flight being loud and fast but it was so comforting that I fell asleep from it.

IMG_8031

Mom and Me in front of my 1st plane ever

IMG_8049

sleeping peacefully on the plane

When we finally arrived, I was shocked with the humidity and heat (as well as so many smelly smokers) but I could feel the electrifying effects of NYC. My Grandparent East (Dad's parents) picked us up and it was good to see them again. The last time I saw them, I was around 2 weeks old! I think they were surprised on how much I've grown and I keep seeing them telling everyone that I was such a good boy.

During my stay there, I discovered something. I discovered that playing with a squiggly long edible pasta called spaghetti was the best thing invented, like... ever! It was so soothing that I instantly met Mr. Sandman for a long and long restful sleep, despite the "jet lag" I was supposed to have.

IMG_8066

Sleeping after playing with spaghetti; secret ingredient: paci + warm spags = ZZZZZZZZZ

I'm happy to say, Grandma Paula, Dad and Mom joined me to my expedition into Manhattan. What. A. City. It was so busy, loud, noisy and like I said, electrifying! I truly, absolutely and whole-heartedly enjoyed the sights I've seen there.

IMG_8108

Dad, Grandma Paula and Me in Times Square

At first we rode this big and loud (some scary rattling sounds as if something was falling apart) orange Ferry. Dad said he loves the Ferry because it was symbolic of his childhood. We had to take that big orange Ferry from an island called Staten Island (whatever that means!) into Manhattan. I got to see the Statue of Liberty, my Parents told me that it is a very important symbol of America.

IMG_8082

Here I am with Dad on the Ferry. Can you see an orange big ferry in the back? Look way further, that's the symbolic green Statue of Liberty

In Manhattan, I saw special places such as the former Twin Towers site, Wall Street, Times Square and Union Square. I confess that the Manhattan Subway is nothing like the one I have at home called BART. I think BART is conservative bordering on the side of boredom meanwhile the NYC Subway was funky, artistic and fun.

IMG_8090

Us two in the Subway, can you tell that it was hot? My Mom's all yucky and sweaty and me? The same!

There is this store we went into and I had LOADS, LOADS and LOADS of fun in there. It was filled with toys, colorful toys, bright and zany toys, fun, funny and funnier toys (you get the picture) and it was in a store called "Toys r' Us". There were 4 floors and an actual Ferris Wheel inside the store! Mom let me grab all the toys I wanted to touch. I actually tried claiming them with my drool but we still left the store empty handed, dang! But anyway, We stayed there for a long time. I even climbed the Empire Building made of Legos and met a real sized T-Rex that roared loudly (and scared the beejesus out of me!).

IMG_8093

Here I am playing with toys with Mom, Grandma Paula watches

IMG_8103

T-Rex roaring behind me... scary.

After a long and hot day, Mom, Dad, Granny P and I went to some veggie freak place called Zen Palate. My Parents had to eat there because it was one of their favorite restaruant in Manhattan. I don't remember the place because I was fast asleep through the whole thing. Can't ya blame me? NYC is tiring but in a fun, fascinating and fabulous way!

IMG_8115

Me sleeping at Zen Palate: please excuse the little bird, I really did not mean it.

I'll stop here for now because I have an entirely another tale to share.

Elk

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger proudpetite said...

once again, NYC, plane, and subway and you're not even one. I finally get the taste of them all when I went to college. I'm not turning this into competition but I'm telling you, you're becoming an experienced person ;) I'm glad you're seeing a lot.

I'd be startled to see a roaring dino, too.

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clare!! i wished i knew of you coming to NYC and you are with jason!?! wowowow... you look great and your boy sooooooo cute....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home