Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Day Out With Thomas!

Choo choo!

Grandma, Daddy, Mommy and I went to Felton to ride with Thomas the train! Seriously people, that dude was real life sized, not some mini trains I got on my train set. I was ridiculously overwhelmed with giddy glee. I got to bring home this humongous Thomas Train balloon, a new train, a DVD of songs, pictures and the best of them all, a hat! I picked that hat all by myself. Mom wanted me to wear this conductor thingy hat that had THOMAS on it... I didn't like it and I showed my dislike to her by taking the hat off and hurling it into the air at the same time throwing a fit. I demanded for THAT hat and well, what ya know?! I've been wearing it since I got it yesterday, yup, even all day today.

We arrived so late that we missed our train, noting irony here, I wore a T-shirt with Thomas on it and it says "Right On Time!" Ha ha!

But my Parents and Grandma did not worry, we all merrily strolled the park, saw steam engine trains (fabulous!) that made LOOOOOUD choo choo sounds and got meself a tattoo of Lady. You'll see all this through pictures soon, I just want to excitedly yak here!

When Thomas, the real big one, chugged along and then wheesh'd as he stopped, my aweness went over the top and all I could do was to stare and try not to drool. We took pictures together, Grandma filmed the whole thing so I wouldn't forget it (I don't think I'll).

We rode on the train for awhile through the big redwoods, it was so beautiful and a lot of fun. Ok ok, I gotta slow down with my chattering and let you see how much fun we all had yesterday.

IMG_2286.JPG

Don't I look all geared up for A Day Out With Thomas?

IMG_2279.JPG

While Dad was in a long line, Mom and Grandma came with me to shop. In this picture, I was telling Grandma to take me back to the store (they had Thomas play table there).

IMG_2276.JPG

We arrived late and missed our train but fret not, we could hop onto the next one. You can obviously see how at ease we were, look at Mom, she's smiling as Dad is getting updated tickets.

IMG_2287.JPG

I wasn't sure what was going on but I just sat there and watched... until I realized that the man was going to put something on my leg. Something called a tattoo.

IMG_2292.JPG

I admit, at first I thought it was strange that a stranger was touching my leg with wet sponge-- I tried to pry it off but Mama stopped me. Good thing she did or I'd have not gotten the masterpiece.

IMG_2294.JPG

Mom's blowing on my new "Lady" tattoo so it'd get dry and stick. Looks cool doesn't it?

IMG_2297.JPG

One of many steam engines we saw that day.

IMG_2306.JPG

Wait a minute, is this for real?

IMG_2309.JPG

Here comes Thomas the Train! choo choo.

IMG_2311.JPG

Mom, Grandma and I with Thomas chugging by.

IMG_2318.JPG

Before the train started, I was happily chatting with Grandma and she's finding me adorable.

IMG_2329.JPG

Daddy held me most of the time and was telling me what we were doing, "the train is chugging over the bridge"

IMG_2320.JPG

I like this picture, doesn't my face scream "Daddy"? We look exactly the same.

IMG_2340.JPG

Riding with Mom and Grandma. Mom is giddy, Grandma is filming and me? A little bit unsure of what to make of the train ride.

IMG_2341.JPG

I got to sit ontop of Mom's shoulders and I enjoyed that part the most because the view was great, hitting Mom's head and taking her hat off/on was hilarious.

IMG_2352.JPG

This is what the train ride mostly looked like, beautiful sights huh?

Grandma tried to take a picture but it was crazy, everyone wanted the same shot as us so, Grandma fumbled with her video camera, her regular camera and then ours. She forgot to press the shutter with her camera and then took this:

IMG_2312.JPG

Do you think she was also a tad bit excited too? Thank god for the professional camera people that captured this moment (see later) but I'll always love this picture because it shows how crazy it truly was.

Professional picture, wish Grandma was in there too to make it complete:

sc0058c2d8

Thanks Grandma for making this day funnier and thanks for the picture, the balloon and your spoiling habits, grin.

chugga-chugga, wheeesh!

Eitan

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww
I wish I could have been there to see his amazement at the train. I can just picture him shaking his head like in a cartoon when they can't believe what they're seeing;)
Looks like you guys had lots of fun.
kisses to all
auntie keri

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) eitan, you can ask your mom what i ve said about this blog :)

love you, miss you and your fam
kisses
aunty cat

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Carla said...

Wow - that looks like an awesome day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home