Tuesday, December 05, 2006

November, huh? Where did that go?

I'm 11 months... Mama says I'll be one before I know it. We all have been really busy and I barely remember November as if it was uneventful. Good thing for Thanksgiving though, it put a little wrench in the speedy "blink" whizzin' by November. I got to spend my thankful day at my Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and Cousin's home. There were like 18 people, all of us eating together, chatting, playing and well, eating. I ate a lot and I think I nearly passed out. I had the honor of getting the huge piece of the Turkey all for myself and frankly, it tasted okay. Daddy says I got that from him, he isn't fond of turkey you see. Unlike Mommy. Mommy went nuts for the yams and the marshmallow. Uncle Kurt did most of the cookings and we're so lucky to have him as our personal chef!

Now the next fun will be Hanukah then Winters' Solstice, NYE and finally, my birthday. I cannot wait to be spoiled like crazy!

Enough words. Let me share pictures of November.

DSC_0192

Me in my good lookin' overalls.

DSC_0204

Drooling as I slobber all over the wand of Mally's. Love it, I always make sure I get to touch it whenever I go over to my Nanny's home.

DSC_0171

Sleeping peacefully, even through Crazy Aunty Cat's picture-taking frenzy.

DSC_0118

Uncle John bringing me to the light.

DSC_0123

Wow, this is even better up close! Warmer too.

DSC_0128

Wheeeeee-- don't bring me down!

DSC_0243

One of Aunty Cat's crazy shots but Mama is real glad, she said, she gets to have a lot of pictures of me.

DSC_0246

Oooo, I spy something mechanical... Can I play with it, Nanny Cat, pretty please?

de banner

elk waiting for then go

Mommy and Daddy got me another car seat, a fancy one that's really crusin'. They put it in Nanny's van so I can be safe there as well as in my Parent's car. At their work, CSD, they had cops come and do car seat investigation-- I already had one with my Parent's car and then with my Nanny's van. Boy, I can tell that they really care about me! I passed with flying colors too!

Oh yea, my Mama says to tell you all parents out there, PLEASE buckle kids up in appropriate car seats and have them inspected!

knocked out eitan bnw

I'm knocked out, with a pen in my hand, after a long day at CSD. I crawled onto my Nanny's lap and just plain plopped myself there. I slept for hours!

IMG_0556.JPG

During our Thanksgiving week long break, which was champ by the way, we did a lot of things. Going to San Francisco was one and we hung out all day long. Mommy, Daddy and I saved our Environment by taking BART (fun train thingy!). Here's me with my Daddy. We look a lot alike, don't we?

my favorite of eitan n clare

I also got to walk a lot with my fun toy called the Walker (not very creative I know). I actually can stand and walk on my own but thought better of it. I am not 100% confident but it was really crazy to see my Mommy and Daddy go nutty when I walked like around 6 or 7 steps and then stopped and bent down. I think that their reaction scared me enough into waiting a little longer. Mom says she is glad, she is not ready for me to be a big boy and hopes I take my sweet time!

eitan in elevator

I love to take walks with Dad. He'd follow me around and I'd tell him to go to our home's elevator. I love seeing Daddy press the button and how it lights up then the door magically open. Sheer, pure and fascinating magic. Oh yea, don't forget the weird whirring sounds and the floating sensations as we're inside that noisy thing- that's what makes the whole walking the 'Walker" thing even more funnier.

Turkey Day pictures here:

DSC_0119

Getting ready for the Big Dinner. I was surprised on how much we all ate, there were food on the tables all day long, even through into the night (something called desserts).

IMG_0562.JPG

The main entree of our Thanksgiving Dinner. Thanks Uncle Kurt!

IMG_0572.JPG

Giving Thanks to everything-- living things, spirituality and well, everything.

DSC_0132

Unsure on what to think of this piece of meat.

DSC_0140

Mommy savagely chomping my food-- showing me how to eat it in the most barbaric way... growl, chomp, chew, smack your lips and then rub your tummy and say, "now that's some piece of meat!"

DSC_0142

Do I look barbaric with this monstrous size of a Turkey leg and a piece of meat dangling out of the corner of my lips?

After the dinner, we hung out and I got to chat with my Grandparents of the East and my Uncle Jody and his lady, Anne. We chatted through the video relay. It was truly a wholesome family day for me!

DSC_0292

Mommy holding me, Mommy sitting on Daddy and we're all chatting (Uncle Jody and Anne in the TV).

DSC_0304

Us Three.

DSC_0326

Uncle John playing with me while Uncle Jody looks on.

304664867_b2169fc013_o

Family picture, on the Cassidy side. We're all there but the chairs represent my Aunts who were unable to make it to our big dinner. Aunty Kim has the chair with the horse, Aunty Keri has the chair with boots (she loves shoes) and Aunty Lis has the one with the framed card she made for my Grandparents.

I know it's way too late but Happy Thanksgiving... I'm so thankful to have come to Earth and have a great Family like mine.

Eitan

7 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Keri said...

Wow! You've grown SO much, Eitan! Looking more and more like a little boy as each month goes by. =) I really love the last pic with the family and putting out chairs to reperesent the family members who could not come and putting things on the chairs that represent them. That is SO sweet and thoughtful. You are a lucky boy to have a super-duper family, Eitan! =)

Hugs, mwah!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Awwww *touches heart* Eitan, you're such an adorable boy. I can't wait until the day I get to meet you, and interact with you :) You'd have so much fun with Austin and Kaitlyn :) Beautiful parents you've got! *hugs* mwahs oxox

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger funniah said...

:) hey eitan! im not crazy! really, im not!

love the pictures of you with your parents. your mommy looks gooodddddd in that green hat doesnt she? you are lucky to be born into this family. with us, you will always be surrounded (i will leave the adjective n noun of what you are surrounded with up to you lol)

right now you are reading a book and signing. thats too cute so i ll go over and read with you.

love you

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Janis said...

You are so lucky to have your Nanny Cat to take those fantastic pictures of you especially the one of you sleeping. I hope you and Raine will meet someday (and I want to meet you as well!). Enjoy your last month before you become 1!! Looking forward seeing more pictures of you.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger funniah said...

man eitan! i havent seen you in two days and i miss you like heck! cant wait for our date tomorrow.

nanny cat

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger KariAnnS said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving celebration! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger proudpetite said...

hey ho eitan -

love the first/third pic of you... I can see Daddy in you in these kodak moments and mommy in you in your written thoughts ;)

I don't think I had a turkey drumstick this large in my own hands ever and you got to eat it. Yum!

Still haven't met you yet :( Almost one year and it's going by too fast.

You sure have a big family. Really like the last picture of you all. Very thoughtful.

Happy Hannukah :)
Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home